Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Nail Polish Storage #2


Hi everyone. Today I have a slightly different post to share with you. Earlier this week I had my standard seasonal clear out, and along with getting rid of three huge bin bags of clothes (!), I decided to organise and rearrange my dressing room. When I got started on my nail art equipment, I realised I never did an updated nail polish storage post... and we moved house nearly two years ago! So if you'd like to see how a self-confessed nail polish addict stores and organises her collection, keep on reading.

When we moved from Manchester back to Yorkshire, I took it upon myself to assign one of the bedrooms as my dedicated dressing room. We also use the box room as a study/office, so our three bedroom house is now very much a one bed... but hey, every girl needs a dressing room! Anyway, in here I keep my dressing table, nice dresses and coats, handbags, shoes, and all the other girly stuff I have, including my nail equipment, of course!


My nail products live in a white storage cube from Ikea. It's the Kallax shelving unit, which I'm sure you'll agree is a total bargain. Each section is roomy enough to keep a multitude of things, and the top surface allows for even more storage space. You can attach this unit to the wall, which we've done in our office for files, paperwork and what-not. I do like the way it looks on the floor though, and I'm even tempted to invest in another to sit on top, as it's such a clever design for a seriously good price.

My storage cube is the perfect size for nail polish racks. I have three of these, two of which are three tier, and the other five tier. You can find these for a reasonable price on Amazon and eBay, along with other styles to suit different products. I recently purchased one with two drawers at the bottom for powder and palettes, and a section at the top for lipsticks and other bits-and-bobs. I absolutely love acrylic storage, and I highly recommend to anyone with lots of polish (or other makeup items). You can arrange everything neatly, find the colour that you want easily, and any visitors can lust after your collection, too!

My largest rack lives on top of the unit, along with my chunky jewellery. Here, I keep my Models Own, Rimmel and Sinful Colors polishes, along with a few sneaky solo ones. The next rack is home to my Barry M and Essie polishes, along with my OPI minis. I've also just started popping my Ciaté minis along the front, as I've been opening my amazing nail polish advent calendar each day. I think I'm going to have to get my hands on another rack soon, or even add an extra shelf in the unit, which will allow for more storage.

My final rack holds my Fearne and No. 7 polishes, along with some more odds and ends. My Nicole by OPI polishes have to stand outside, as the bottles have a weird shape, so they don't fit in nicely. There are also a couple of glitters and studs hanging around, which I think look too pretty to hide inside a box. The rest of my tools are kept inside my pink vanity case. I shared the inside of this in my first nail polish storage post, and not much has changed to be honest. Take a look if you haven't read that post before :)

I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I store my nail polish! Let me know how you organise yours, or if you have any tips for keeping things neat and tidy.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig