Sunday, 29 November 2015

Pastel Snowflakes & Polkadots Nail Art

 

Hello everyone and happy Sunday! This weekend has been an extremely lazy one, involving Christmas decorations (I'm going for a rose gold theme this year, which is sitting very nicely with my boyfriend), tea-drinking, festive films and of course, a little bit of nail art. I decided to do a snowflake design, and opted for pastel colours with a hint of deep purple. 

The base is three coats of Fearne Minty Maggie, which I got a couple of years ago. My Fearne products were all relatively cheap and I can't believe they're still in such good condition two years later. There's not a gloopy polish in sight, and still plenty left in the bottles even though I use them quite a lot. I'm hoping Boots offer another Fearne gift set this year - if so, I highly recommend.


I used China Glaze White On White for the snowflakes, applying them with a thin striping brush. I also added a few dark snowflakes using Essie Bahama Mama, which I got for my birthday. It's my favourite polish at the moment, a deep, reddish-purple that only requires two thin coats for opacity. 

Once I'd finished my snowflakes I added polkadots using a medium sized dotting tool. The grey dots are Essie Chinchilly, which again I got for my birthday, and also Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream. I then added a sprinkle of Nails Inc Bling It On... This tiny bottle of glitter is over three years old, and it's still going strong. This manicure is definitely a fine example of how long nail products can last!

I hope you like my pastel snowflakes and polkadots nail art! Let me know what you think :)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. totally in love with these! fantastic colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig