Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Rose Doodle Nail Art


Hi guys. Today I decided to do something a little different - I went for a kind of 'doodle' design (I'm calling it this because my doodles always seem to consist of flowers and swirls and what-not), with two nails that feature a contrasting border. It's a little bit weird and I can't really work out if I like it or not, but it seemed to photograph pretty well so I decided to post anyway.


Sinful Colors 'Black On Black'
Kiko Cosmetics 'Suggestive Red'
Essie 'White'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Small/medium nail art paint brush

Using my brush I started to paint the doodle design, combining swirls, tear drops, leaf shapes and dots. I also added a rose to each nail, and made sure to leave enough 'bare' space for the black design to really stand out. While they dried, I added two coats of 'Suggestive Red' to both my ring and middle finger nails, and once dry, I used my paint brush again to border the edges in bright white. This was a pretty tricky job! Luckily I could easily mask any mistakes with a few little dabs of red, and once I'd topped my nails with Essie 'Good To Go', I think I got away with it! Finally, I filled in the petals of the roses with more red, adding a bit more interest to the design. What do you think? Let me know!





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. this negative space accent is amazing! love it!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig