Sunday, 26 October 2014

Dark Floral Nail Art


Hi guys. If you've followed my blog for a while you'll know that floral nail art is my ultimate fail safe. If I've got a big night out coming up I'll almost always go floral, simply because it's easy to achieve, you can use any colour combo, and you're guaranteed lots of compliments! This type of design is also great for when I'm feeling uninspired, which is exactly what happened today. Whenever I have a few hours spare (this doesn't happen often) my favourite thing to do is nail art, but sometimes I get a bit stuck for ideas. That's when good old floral nail art comes in!

The equipment:

Sinful Colors 'Black On Black'
Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White'
Sinful Colors 'Easy Going'
Barry M 'Strawberry Ice-Cream'
Fearne 'Rudi Red'
No. 7 'Totally Teal'
No. 7 'Vivid Violet'
OPI 'Innie Minnie Mightie Bow'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Fine nail art paint brush


The base is two coats of Sinful Colors 'Black On Black' - it's pretty much opaque after one coat, but a second always makes it that little bit smoother and shinier. Once dry, I used 'Snow Me White' for the base shapes of the roses and little blossoms. Then I added patches of 'Strawberry Ice-Cream' (light pink), 'Rudi Red' (reddy-pink) and 'Innie Minnie Mightie Bow' (scarlet). For the darker shades within the roses, I mixed a little bit of black with 'Innie Minnie Mightie Bow' as pure black would have been too harsh.

I filled up the empty bits surrounding the flowers with blobs of 'Totally Teal' and 'Vivid Violet'. Though these are both dark shades and don't stand out too much on the black, they add an extra little something to the design. Plus when my nails catch the light the shimmer through 'Vivid Violet' looks really pretty. Finally, I sealed the manicure with a coat of 'Good To Go'. 


These nails were actually inspired by a pair of pants, which I happen to be holding in this photo. It feels a bit weird showing my pants on the internet but whatever... Let me know what you think!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh, I'm totally into recreating clothes patterns on the nails <3 no matter what piece of clothes, even pants (besides this floral is adorable!). Love your mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) pants are so good for inspiration, lots of pretty colours and patterns haha x

      Delete
  2. Awww...this is sooo pretty! Love the base color and the pretty flower design. Love the color combo too.

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig