Saturday, 21 June 2014

'Poppy Lilies' & Silver Shimmer



Hi guys! Today I went for one of my fail-safes... A floral manicure! I can't actually figure out what kind of flower this is meant to be, I just kind of made it up as I went along. I suppose it looks a bit like a poppy and also a bit like a lily (hence the name), but if you are aware of another flower that is resembles more closely, please let me know! 

The equipment:

Sinful Colors 'Snow Me White'
Sinful Colors 'Black On Black'
Barry M 'Passion Fruit'
Fearne 'Rudi Red'
Barry M 'Lady'
Essie 'Good To Go'
Models Own fine nail art brush


I started out with a base of white on all of my nails, and on the 'even' ones I then painted rough petal shapes using 'Passion Fruit'. Then using a fine paint brush I layered on 'Rudi Red', black and white, and also mixed the different colours together a bit to create new shades. In the middle of the flowers I blobbed on 'Lady', and once dry added tiny black dots. 


My 'odd' nails are just two coats of 'Lady', my favourite Barry M textured polish. I topped everything off with a coat of 'Good To Go' which sealed in the design and made it extra shiny. I think it would also work with a matte top coat but I seem to have run out...


I feel like this manicure is kind of Christmassy with the combination of red and glitter, but never mind! Let me know what you think :) 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I think they are perfect for Valentine's too. Overall, I like it. Like the color combos and the flower design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look amazing! The flower is so detailed. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I am so going to do this to mine. Thanks for the Post.

    Stamping Nail Art

    ReplyDelete

© Little Tip Off | UK Nail Art Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig